In order to be eligible to apply, potential applicants must be:
- Enrolled at a UK-based higher education provider.
- Completing their research during the 2017/18 academic year.
- Conducting research about technical education. Priority areas include but are not limited to: higher technical education; off-the-job training for apprentices; building the further education workforce for technical education; coherent technical education planning at the local level; what accountability should look like for technical education; and international/comparative studies about technical education.
- Willing (if selected) to present their work at a Gatsby technical education research seminar in the summer of 2018.
Please note that funds will only be made available to support research expenses that can be evidenced with receipts. Applications requesting support for tuition fees or living expenses will not be considered.
We are willing to consider applications for any amount of funding required, though we expect most awards to be £1,000 or less.
In order to be considered, please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 24 November 2017:
- Your name
- Your academic supervisor’s name
- The name of your current institution
- The title of your master’s degree programme
- A brief description (between 200-300 words) of the topic you plan to research
Following the November deadline, we will shortlist applications. If your application is shortlisted, we will contact you directly and ask you to send in additional information, including the amount of funding you are requesting and how it will be used, to be considered.